We have a pupil for you!
Following a new pupil registration on the website YSML will quickly contact the prospect pupil and agree a time in which an introductory session (taster session) will be suitable. YSML will identify a relevant and available teacher for the pupil and add a 20 minute taster lesson reservation to your diary. We will contact you to check you are happy with these arrangements.
Before the session
Send an email to the new pupil the day before with a friendly hello introducing yourself and zoom link. Make sure you have phone number of the pupil to hand so that you can talk them through it if they are having difficulty.
Aims of the first connection
- Once connected offer a friendly welcome, relax the situation.
- Give guidance about positioning the camera. You must be sure you can see everything you need to see for future sessions.
- Adjust height for optimum playing position for the instrument.
- Discussion about experience of music and current level. Try to establish the pupil’s musical ability and if the pupil has had lessons before. You could ask them to play something for you. Ask about the types of music they enjoy and if they aspire to play a particular piece of music.
- Discuss if they would like to go ahead with lessons and what would be a suitable regular weekly day and time for the music lesson.
- Explain that they will need to order a music book and that we will email a link to our website shop of a recommended music books to order.
- Explain that they will receive an email that will activate their account and guide them on pricing, paying and booking lessons.
- Do they have any questions? Thank you see you next week!
For the teacher to do after taster lesson
Following a first meeting with your pupil, you will then email [email protected] to confirm if the account should be activated.
YSML will do after the taster lesson
The pupil will be emailed with instructions on how to book their first lessons including pricing, payment and use of the diary system.