New Summer Condensed ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory Course
ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory Summer Condensed Course 22nd August - 2nd September 2022
Monday 22nd August 10.30am
- Rewriting in simple and compound time
- Irregular time signature
- Grouping in irregular time signature
- Quintuplets and sextuplets.
Tuesday 23rd August 10.30am
- The tenor clef
- Octave transposition between clefs.
Wednesday 24th August 10.30am
- Transposing by a major 2nd, minor 3rd and perfect 5th,
- Finding the new key signature
- Transposing melodies with accidentals
- Transposing instruments.
Thursday 25th August 10.30am
- F#/ Gb major and D# / Eb minor
- All keys and scales for grade 5.
Friday 26th August 10.30am
- Helpful patterns
- The circle of 5ths
Monday 29th August 10.30am
- Intervals with or without a key signature
Tuesday 30th August 10.30am
- Chromatic intervals
- Compound intervals
Wednesday 31st August 10.30am
- The supertonic chord (II)
- Choosing suitable chords for a melody
Thursday 1st September 10.30am
- New instruments at Grade 5
- Transposing instruments
- Voice types and their ranges
- Written-out ornaments
- New Italian terms and German terms
- The piano
Friday 2nd September 10.30am
Practise Exam Paper
Booking your Grade 5 ABRSM Theory Exam
How to join
The courses are hosted on Google Meet and a link will be sent to all participants to join the sessions hosted by a Your Space Music Lessons online teacher.
What do I need?
For this course you will need to purchase the Grade 5 ABRSM Music Theory Workbook here